SOYA BEANS BIRYANI

Yum

Hi friends, today I posting Biryani... Yeah!! I can see your faces are brightening, it;s SOYA BEAN BIRYANI!!! Ha ha... I know most of your face reaction who needs veg biryani, Right??? Sorry friends, I don't have non-veg as u know, but don't worry u can use this method to make mutton biryani... coz  my mom using this technique to make... I am very crazy to this biryani, yes I love the biryani much... 


In my school and college days, we used to take this yummy biryani as packed lunch at sometimes.... But till I completed my college days I couldn't have at least one spoon of the biryani...  R u asking Y??? All because of my terror and lovable friends, they were smell my lunch box and emptied the box without knowing to me!!! Such good friends na:-P Lol!!! Mostly whenever I was opened my lunch box it showed my face only... ha ha... it looked that much clean box.... Wow!! those are lovable memories all the time... 

Little About Soybeans  & Biryani
The soybean is a species of legume native to East Asia, widely grown for its edible bean which has numerous uses. Biryani is a set of rice based foods made with spices, rice and vegetables. The name is derived from persion word which means fried or roasted.. In countries of the Indian sub continent, the recipe of biryani has evolved to its current form but the origin of biryani was in the kitchen of Mughal Emperors. 

Benefits

  • It contains complete proteins which includes nine essential amino acids.
  • Promotes cardiovascular health.
  • Promotes digestive health and prevents colon cancer.
  • Supports bone density and ease symptoms of menopause.


Category
Lunch
Regional
Indian
Preparation Time
15 Minutes
Cooking Time
30-40 Minutes
Servings
5




INGREDIENTS
Seeraga Samba Rice (Biryani Rice) - 2 Cup
Oil - 4 Tbsp
Fennel seeds - 1 Tsp
Bay leaf - 2
Onion - 4 sliced
Garlic ginger paste - 2 Tbsp
Green chillies - 4 Slited
Mint leaves - A handful
Coriander leaves - A handful chopped
Tomato - 2 Chopped
Soya beans - 1 Cup
Home made garam masala powder - 2 Tsp (Which contains cinnamon, cardamom,cloves and star anise)
Red chilli powder - 2-3 Tsp according to your taste
Coriander powder - 2 Tsp
Water - 4 Cups (Rice:water -1:2)
Salt - To taste



METHOD

  • Wash and soak rice in water for 10-15 Minutes.
  • Heat oil in a pan add fennel seeds and bay leaves fry for 15 seconds.
  • Add sliced onions and fry for 30 seconds and add green chillies and ginger garlic paste fry till aroma comes.
  • Next add tomatoes fry for 2 minutes. 
  • Now add mint leaves and coriander leaves and saute for a while. Then add soya beans stir it once then add home made garam masala powder fry for 3 minutes.

  • Then add chilli powder, coriander powder and salt fry till the oil oozes out.
  • Now add 4 cups of  water and cover it for boiling and keep the flame on high. After boiling add the rice,  mix it once and check for the taste if any things need add it and cover with lid wait it for boiling.
  • When it starts boiling, keep the flame on low and wait for till the rice cooked means it almost absorbed the water, cook for another 5 minutes and switch off the flame but don't remove the lid.
  • Stand by for 15-20 minutes and then mix it once and serve it hot.... 






YUMMY AND TEMPTING BIRYANI IS WAITING FOR U!!!


QUICK RECIPE CARD

Check out other Biryani varities on my space, 



Sending to these events...

CLICK HERE!!!

linking it to Foodomania’s Christmas Cook-Off Contest






@

27 comments:

  1. Delicious and flavorful biryani.. Very healthy too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow so tempting!!! love this biriyani!!
    Sowmya
    Ongoing Event - Eggless Bakes and Treats
    Ongoing Event - SYF&HWS - Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super healthy & tasty!!!
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds delicious Viji, even my friends were like that in school days, good old memories :) I'll try this for my hubby, he loves soya very much.. I'll make some mutton sides for me ;)
    Mini Banana Walnut Cake Using Pressure Cooker | Christmas Recipes

    ReplyDelete
  5. In my college days too my lunch box will be empty before lunch now u remembered me , briyani is tempting viji

    ReplyDelete
  6. this looks yummy!!New version of biriyani..

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow mouthwatering and healthy biryani.. feel hunger now.. tempting clicks..
    http://www.indiantastyfoodrecipes.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. woww.. tempting n flavorful biryani!!

    Regards,
    Bindu
    http://indianrecipegalleri.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow Viji you are making me hungry :) looks great, awaiting Kaju flower ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your soya beans rice tempts me a lot sister, a very perfect kid's delight with full of protein.
    Have a happy weekend...

    today's recipe:
    http://sanolisrecipies.blogspot.in/2012/12/dry-upma-nonta-suji.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummy flavourful briyani...nice pictures... tempting a lot....

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi mathivg-thanks for your visit. glad to know you. this biryani looks very tasty, bookmarked now with thanks. have a nice day.
    i really laugh when your friends ate your food away :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow so flavorful and tempting you have made it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. looks very healthy n delicious biryani...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Soyabean biriyani Looks super Viji. I love to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very healthy n super biryani Viji, its tempting dear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super filling briyani, prefect for a sunday lunch.

    ReplyDelete

Hi am so happy that you have spend your precious time to visit and comment on my recipes, happy to see your comments... if u have any critics and compliments about my blog please comment and do visit regularly and encouraging me!!!

Kindly appreciate you not to post comment with link back to your site/ event, such comment will not be published.

regards,
VIJI




 
Tasty Query - recipes search engine
Top Food Blogs
Top food blogs