PEPPER CHUTNEY/DIP

Yum
Hi friends, sorry for sudden break from my blogging... Hope all are good... I had problem with my system at the same time I had problem with my blog post too... that's why I couldn't see u here... Great Apologize!!! Plz give your continuous support and do encourage me by doing visit my space with your suggestion... Happy returns to normal blogging world... Hope hereafter everything will be fine...


Today I came with Healthy Chutney/Dip, which is very helpful when u having cold and cough.... Try this and give your feedback....

I tried this chutney just like that, but it was great hit at my home... For past few days I suffer with cold and cough, n my mom asked me too prepare chutney for dinner... Then I gathered everything for chutney from my pantry and suddenly my mind ask me??? that WHY U CAN USE PEPPER INSTEAD OF DRY CHILIES????
so the result was this yummy chutney....

BENEFITS

  • Good for stomach it helps digestion and avoid diarrhea, constipation and colic.
  • Helps to lose weight, the outer layer of peppercorn assists in the breakdown of fat cells. 
  • Good for skin, it helps to cure Vitiligo.
  • Relief for cough and cold, asthma and wooghing cough.
  • Antibacterial property of black pepper helps to fight against infections, insect bites. 
  • Good Antioxidant that helps to prevent cancer, cardiovascular diseases and liver problems.
  • Enhances bio availability



Availability
World Wide (ingredients)
Category
Dips/Chutney
Regional
Indian
Preparation Time
5 Minutes
Cooking Time
7-8  Minutes
Cooling and Grinding Time
10 Minutes
Servings
2





INGREDIENTS
Oil - 1 Tsp
Peppercorn - 2 Tsp (Adjust according to ur spicy level)
Shallots small - 20
Garlic pods - 10
Curry leaves - few
Hing - 1/4 Tsp
Salt - To taste
Water - To grind

To Temper
Oil - 1 Tsp
Mustard seeds - 1 Tsp
Urad dal - 1 Tsp




METHOD

  • Heat oil in a pan add peppercorns fry for 15 seconds, and add shallots, garlic, curry leaves and hing fry till it turns transparent.
























  • Add salt to taste and fry for few minutes and switch off the flame and keep it aside for cool.





















  • Meantime do tempering by add oil in a pan then add mustard seeds and urad dal wait   for splutter.

  • Grind the fried ingredients with little water and transfer into the bowl and pour the tempering to this.

  • Serve it with idli/dosa/chapathi...
Pepper chutney is Ready!!!


QUICK RECIPE CARD



Check out my other Chutneys/Dips

CLICK HERE!!!

CLICK HERE!!!

CLICK HERE!!!













29 comments:

  1. realthy one sis.suits for this season.welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha good for tummy thn mayb i shud take this as my tumy acts up now and then too much

    good one and good to see ur posts again

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back sis...really healthy dip.
    Have a lovely week dear:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. superb and delicious chutney Viji I hope both problems are solved... take care

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey missed you!!! welcome back!!! and this healthy chutney is so delicious and flavorful!!
    Sowmya
    Ongoing Event - CWF - Whole Wheat Flour
    Ongoing Event - Eggless Bakes and Treats

    ReplyDelete
  6. anything with pepper, then i am in :) nice recipe viji..

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow.........very tempting pepper chutney. Yummy.

    today's recipe:
    http://sanolisrecipies.blogspot.in/2012/12/fish-cake.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back,nice spice chutney looks tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back dear... The dip sounds so healthy n delish

    ReplyDelete
  10. Daily I add pepper in any form, nice info n healthy chutney, the small onions/shallots reminds my grandma's preparation dear :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank U so much friends for all your warm welcomes am pleasure..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to see you back Viji, chutney looks yummy and flavourful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome back Viji :) Nice healthy dip dear...Super flavorful!!! Thanks for linking :)
    SNC - 2 Round up

    ReplyDelete
  14. Viji, this is one of healthy chutney love to have with my dosa. Like your template clean and good. .

    ReplyDelete


  15. I have given you the sunshine award.Check Details.

    http://asiyama.blogspot.com/2012/12/award-time.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am your new follower.

    Lovely dip. New to me and shall try it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yummy pepper chutney I like have with dosa.

    Thanks for linking to My event

    http://cookbookjaleela.blogspot.com/2012/11/my-own-event-bachelors-feast.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow!!! nice... next when i'll make idli. i'll make this pepper chutney..

    ReplyDelete
  19. very new to me ! i never tried adding pepper for chutney !

    ReplyDelete
  20. If u add little coconut it's even more tastier

    ReplyDelete
  21. If u add small piece of coconut to this it gives good taste.

    ReplyDelete

Hi am so happy that you have spend your precious time to visit and comment on my recipes, happy to see your comments... if u have any critics and compliments about my blog please comment and do visit regularly and encouraging me!!!

Kindly appreciate you not to post comment with link back to your site/ event, such comment will not be published.

regards,
VIJI




 
Tasty Query - recipes search engine
Top Food Blogs
Top food blogs